There’s something really satisfying about roasted potatoes and this recipe does not disappoint. There is very little preparation required and these are perfect to take to friends, have your self and even better the next day as leftovers!
Potatoes are said to neutralize body acids and reduce inflammation. They are a good source of vitamin C, enzymes and minerals. Indeed – during the Second World War two Danish food scientists lived healthily for 3 years eating only potatoes.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, potatoes are said to be sweet in flavour and tonify the spleen/pancreas and the production of the body’s energy (qi). They harmonise the stomach, lubricate the intestines and fortify kidney yin.
This is a great recipe if you don’t have much time. We’ve added a bit of spice too for a nice extra kick but obviously, you can adjust this to taste!
1kg new potatoes
100 ml olive oil
1 solve garlic
5 dried guajillo chilies
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a pan boil the potatoes until they are just starting to get soft.
2. In a bowl pour the olive oil and add the lemon juice, garlic, and chilies. With a stick blender blitz until completely mixed together (the dressing should look yellowish)
3. Drain the potatoes and put them in a roasting tin
4. Pour the dressing over the potatoes.
5. Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes or until they start to look golden.